Call it writer’s block
or creative block
or a bad case of the summertime lazies
but the creative juices just aint-a-flowin lately!
That’s just how it goes sometimes.
So here’s a rambling recap of our little world lately.
1. June was a blur with graduation, graduation party, all three of my children’s birthdays, and father’s day. whew.
2. On the home front…been doing a little organizing. You saw the fridge-ervention, and I’ve got a few more projects to share soon.
3. Still working on Hannah’s room makeover. In the word’s of the Bachelor’s Chris Harrison…it’s the most dramatic
rose ceremony makeover yet. Oh, you don’t watch that cheesy show? Yeah, me neither.
Left to do…paint dresser and change pulls, hang curtains, hang mirror. The hold up? I can’t find my drill. Seriously. See #2. Gotta get on that.
Here’s a little sneak peek for ya…
4. We have this massive Walnut tree that was begging for a swing.
My handy-dandy father-in-law braved a wobbly ladder and hung the chains for me. I ordered the swing online and Hannah and I assembled it (girl power) but had to get Jake to cut the excess chain with the bolt cutters (boy power).
I’m not totally sure, but I think this swing might have something to do with my lack of productivity as of late?
But Hannah and I sure are getting through a ton of books!
4. Last night I made Zucchini Pie (found on Rhoda’s blog Southern Hospitality). Now, I’m not a huge fan of zucchini/squash…but surround it with cheese and a crescent roll crust? It was slap-yo-mama good. (sorry mom)
5. We attended Camp War Eagle at Auburn a few weeks ago. It’s a great 2-day orientation for incoming freshmen and their parents. What I learned in those two days? Auburn students like to say “hey” and “war eagle” a LOT.
Doesn’t he look right at home?
6. Box of linens for his dorm that was ordered a while ago. The unopened box is sitting here, taunting me. I can’t bring myself to open it. Then it will be real.
7. One afternoon during Camp War Eagle, I was up to my eyeballs in information so I escaped and tagged along with Josh as he played Grand National. What a breathtaking course.
As a mom, there is nothing I love more than to watch my kids do something they are passionate about. Fun day.
8. Josh is still caddying. I’m noticing that his feelings toward caddying on any given day are in direct proportion to the amount of his most recent tip.
9. Snapped this shot from the car several weeks ago. This family of Canadian Geese was out for an afternoon stroll and in no particular hurry.
10. Remember the talent-scouting party that Whisperwood Cottage had a while back? I’m so excited to be in the September issue of Cottages & Bungalows magazine!
Not sure when it hits newsstands, but if you see it would you let me know?
**Edited to say…it’s out! My husband brought me 5 copies from Barnes & Noble yesterday!
11. Just got back from a girl’s trip (Hannah, my mom and me) to the Pacific Northwest. Too many photos to share in one post…more to come.
For now, here’s Hannah in her happy place!
Now it’s back to reality.
Mount ST. Laundry is calling my name.
What have you been up to lately?