Can you believe the weekend is here? OM goodness what a long week!
1. This morning started off with a phone call from Jake saying that he’d been rear ended on the way to school. The suv that rear ended him didn’t notice that traffic had stopped, hit his car and pushed him right into the suv in front of him. She didn’t have time to hit the brakes. Needless to say, his car got the brunt of the damage. But praise Jesus, Jake didn’t have a scratch.
2. I’d like to say that I remained calm, cool and collected.
3. I didn’t. I freaked. Luckily (thanks to my husband’s twenty+ years in the insurance industry) he did.
4. My kids are off to North Carolina to spend the weekend with their grandparents.
5. I received this text from Hannah from the plane.
6. Josh and Hannah are twelve months apart. They will be 13 and 14 next month. Their new favorite pastime is bickering with each other.
7. Repeat #4 while doing yoga deep breathing with a giant smile on my face.
8. Jim and I have the whole weekend to do whatever we want. It will most likely involve going to see the Avengers movie and hitting Home Depot for lightbulbs for the kitchen (that all died at once) and batteries for the smoke detectors (that all died at once). Don’t be jealous.
10. There are almost 200 entries in the CeCe Caldwell’s paint and wax giveaway. If you haven’t entered leave a comment here. You have until Sunday at 6pm.
11. Now I know the secret to getting all of you to come out of the woodwork…a suh-weet giveaway.
12.My dishwasher is broken.
13. And leaking even when it’s not running.
14. This will be the third time the repairman has been out to “not” fix my dishwasher. ugh.
15. My sink is full of dishes.
16. Yes, I know how to wash by hand. I just don’t like to.
17. Add that to this evening’s activity list right after movies and Home Depot.
18. I found this farmhouse table on craigslist for $25 today. Hello, lovely.
19. I used my super-duper craigslist cat-like reflexes and pounced.
20. Perhaps an idea for a future Avengers character? One whose superpower is scoring awesome stuff for cheap on craigslist?
21. They could call her Pouncer.
22. But instead of the skin tight suit that Scarlett Johannson wears, Pouncer would totally rock paint-stained yoga pants and an oversized t-shirt.
23. And a ball cap.
24. Can.not.wait. to refinish that bad boy.
25. I can’t believe you are still reading.
Any of you have more exciting plans than #’s 8 and 17?